Delayed menstruation quite often worries women. She is always alarming, causing fears in an unplanned pregnancy. There is a reliable way to exclude pregnancy from the list of reasons that caused the delay, and hurry your periods.
Before you cause menstruation, you should check whether the pregnancy caused a delay. The cheapest and easiest way is a pharmacy pregnancy test. It is better to take a double test, it will allow you to check the result of the first test. However, a rapid urine test can produce false negative or false positive results several times in a row. It is much more reliable to turn to an independent laboratory or medical center and donate blood for HCG. This study will allow you to find a specific hormone of pregnancy from the first week after fertilization of the egg.
The hCG test can detect not only a healthy uterine pregnancy, but also the attachment of the ovum to the fallopian tubes, and also accurately determine the period. This analysis costs from 500 to 1000 rubles. This is more expensive than pharmacy urine analyzers, which cost from 30 to 500 rubles, but a blood test guarantees the correct result. If the delay in menstruation exceeds 2 weeks, it makes sense to consult a gynecologist. A chair exam and an ultrasound exam will dispel your doubts.
Determine the cause of delayed menstruation
If the pregnancy tests were negative, and the hCG hormone was not detected in the blood test, pregnancy can be excluded from the list of probable causes of delayed menstruation. Now you should try to determine the cause.
Pay attention to your well-being. Pain in the lower abdomen, chest, or atypical headaches can signal a serious illness. You may have an inflammatory process in your uterus or ovaries. The ovaries may not function properly. Or your hormonal background malfunctions. In this case, you can not do anything on your own about the delay, it is worth contacting the gynecologist as soon as possible. But do not panic. Pain can be caused by the usual Postmenstrual syndrome, exacerbated by an atypical delay.
If you feel good, the cause is not a disease. Remember the past month and ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you experienced emotional or physical stress?
- Have you had a cold?
- Have you taken any medications?
- Has your weight changed?
- Perhaps you were actively involved in sports?
- Or went on vacation and experienced a change of time zones and climate?
An affirmative answer to at least one of these questions may indicate the reason for the delay. Diseases, stress, medications, sudden weight changes, active sports can cause cycle disruption. In this case, you can try to rush the period.
We cause monthly
There are several proven ways to cause menstruation during a delay:
- The first way is a hot bath with salt and soda. Pour water into the bath, its temperature should be about 40 degrees, add sea salt and a handful of soda. It’s better not to take a full bath, the water should reach you to the middle of the abdomen. It is better not to warm the breast in hot water, this spoils its shape. Yes, and the heart area is better not to warm up. Sit in the bath for about 20-30 minutes, relax. Hot water acts on the uterus and provokes its cleansing.
- Another way is abdominal exercises. Raise your torso from a lying position, raise your legs, bend to the side and forward, do squats. The uterus is a muscular organ, it sensitively reacts to physical activity.
- Another way is an infusion of herbs. Homeopathy offers mint, St. John's wort, chamomile to normalize the cycle. It is safest to brew a green tea with mint and drink it throughout the day. By the way, it is recommended to drink it not only during the delay, but also to maintain the cycle all month. Many homeopaths consider mint to be the most “female” herb. A mint and lemon gull will support the cycle and protect against colds and vitamin deficiency.
Do not go for any drastic measures such as hormonal tablets to normalize the cycle. A healthy lifestyle, relaxation, vitamins will gradually restore the broken cycle without harming health. Do not underestimate the ability of our body to recover.