Chronic ureaplasmosis is an inflammatory process in the organs of the urinary and reproductive system, characterized by alternating periods of remission and relapse. Such a phenomenon may be based on insufficiently performed acute treatment, non-compliance with preventive measures and other reasons. The disease is complicated by the fact that it can pass under the guise of prostatitis, cystitis, urethritis and other pathologies. Therefore, it is important to conduct the correct diagnosis and complex therapy.
Causes of Ureaplasma Disease
Among the main factors determining the development of chronic ureaplasmosis in men, the following can be distinguished:
- weakening of the immune system;
- change of sexual partners;
- taking antibacterial drugs;
- hormone-based drugs;
- early sex life;
- sex without protective equipment;
- low level of hygiene and living conditions;
- frequent stressful situations and so on.
The cause of ureaplasmosis in newly born children is a chronic form of this disease in the mother. Children become infected during childbirth, passing through the birth canal.
Ways of transmission of the disease
Currently, chronic ureaplasmosis is considered a sexually transmitted disease, so it can be transmitted through sexual contact. Another way is to transmit the pathogen from the mother to the newborn baby. Other methods of penetration of bacteria into the body of one person from another is unknown. Handshakes, a kiss, common objects and other ways do not affect the possibility of infection.
Symptoms of chronic ureaplasma
The following clinical picture is characteristic of chronic ureaplasmosis:
- frequent urge to drain urine;
- drops of pus or mucus are secreted from the penis;
- the urethra is swollen, hyperemic;
- burning sensation during outflow of urine;
- pain in the lower back, lower abdomen, inguinal region;
- difficulty urinating;
- puffiness and hyperemia of the head of the penis;
- traces of blood in urine, semen;
- pain during sexual contact;
- general weakness, fatigue.
Over time, you can observe such consequences of ureaplasmosis in men as a violation of sexual function, the development of pathologies of the urinary system, a significant decrease in immunity and the attachment of other infections.
One of the most serious complications of chronic ureaplasmosis is a decrease in sexual activity and infertility. Sperm cells cannot develop normally, since bacteria interfere with their formation. In addition, the disease changes the chemical composition of seminal fluid, which limits the mobility of germ cells and leads to their weakening and premature death.
Among other, no less dangerous complications:
- premature ejaculation;
- decreased libido;
- chronic cystitis;
- rheumatoid arthritis and others.
Diagnosis of ureaplasmosis
If you find the above symptoms, a man needs to go to the clinic, make an appointment and make a diagnosis. At the same time, certain requirements are made to laboratory research: it is necessary not only to establish the fact of the presence of bacteria in the test material, but to determine their activity. This is due to the conditionally pathogenic nature of the microbe. For analysis, take blood, urine, semen.
Diagnosis of chronic ureaplasmosis is based on the use of several research methods.
- Linked immunosorbent assay. Shows the presence of antibodies to ureaplasma, as well as the activity of the microbe.
- Polymerase chain reaction. The basis is the detection of genetic particles of the bacterium. It makes it possible to determine the amount of microorganism in a unit of measurement.
- Immunofluorescence. Detects antibodies in the blood.
- Bacterial sowing. It consists in placing the biomaterial on a special medium with the subsequent identification of the microbe and counting its quantity.
Based on the data received, the doctor prescribes therapy.
Disease treatment methods
Therapy of ureaplasma, especially in the chronic course of the disease, is carried out in several directions. First of all, the use of antibacterial drugs aimed at destroying bacteria is indicated. A suitable preparation can be determined using a bacterial culture assay. In parallel, drugs are prescribed to strengthen the immune system. The appointment of maintenance therapy helps accelerate tissue repair after infection.
In the treatment of chronic ureaplasmosis, the duration of medication can be much longer than in the acute course of the disease. Moreover, it is necessary to inform the doctor what antibiotics were prescribed in the previous case of exacerbation of the disease. Since microorganisms during therapy become resistant to drugs, the medicine should not be repeated. After completing the full course of therapy, the man needs to pass control tests.
Drugs for the treatment of ureaplasmosis
The following drugs are used to treat chronic ureaplasmosis.
- Antibiotics: Dociscycline, Azithromycin, Clarithromycin, Ofloxacin, Levofloxacin;
- Immunomodulatory: Immunal, Imudon, Uro-Vaxom, Isofon, Cycloferon;
- Adaptogens: Ginseng (tincture), Echinacea (tincture).
- Galenic preparations obtained from plant extracts: Prostero, Prostatricum manufactured in the form of capsules for oral use.
Each of the medicines has its own dosage regimen, which can only be adjusted by a specialist. Self-administration of antibacterial and other drugs is unacceptable.
At the discretion of the doctor, a man may be shown additional physiotherapeutic sessions or procedures that enhance the immune status of the body. A prerequisite is the simultaneous treatment of the sexual partner, since it can be a carrier of infection.
You can prevent the chronic form of ureaplasmosis if you strictly follow the recommendations of the attending physician during the initial treatment. In addition, it is necessary to carefully adhere to preventive measures, increasing immunity and avoiding accidental sexual intercourse.
Our team once became interested in a fashion trend: cryptocurrency trading. Now we manage to do it very easily, so we always get passive profit thanks to insider information about upcoming "cryptocurrency pumps" published in the Telegram channel. Therefore, we invite everyone to read the review of this crypto-currency community "Crypto pump signals for Binance".