Today’s review related to a series of articles on types of body art, we decided to devote to mehendi and its modified branches. Recall that in the first review article we recalled the history of the art of body decoration and listed the most common types. From this article you can learn how henna is produced, we will share the main traditional and non-traditional methods of cooking henna, and also recall the methods of its use. In the first part, you can read about the types of henna, in the second we will offer several methods of preparation and the nuances of application.
Mehendi Golecha or henna tattoo is a type of body art. Patterns that are applied with henna hold on average 7-14 days. The most important resource for the preparation of the coloring composition is henna powder, which is produced from the Lawns of the non-spinning family of loosestrife.
The plant grows in hot countries with a dry climate and has the shape of a shrub 6-20 feet tall. As an ornamental plant, its selection is carried out in Florida and California. The first cases of using henna to decorate the body date back five thousand years. She was adorned in India and during the funeral rituals of the pharaohs in Egypt. To prepare the powder, use the upper and lower leaves of the bush. The upper ones are used to make powder and paste for Mehendi. They are dried, ground finely and carefully sieved several times.
The lower leaves are grind more coarsely and not so carefully, since they are used to prepare hair dye. The rest of the henna goes to create cures for skin diseases.
As you can see, the powder intended for temporary tattoos is much smaller. This is visible even with the naked eye. To prepare the desired composition, it must be sifted many times in order to exclude garbage and lumps. Some novice masters try to make a composition for drawing on the body from henna for hair. It is not surprising that satisfactory results are rarely obtained from this. Often henna gives not only a poor consistency, but also does not stain the skin.
This is because the body needs leaves from the top of the bush. Therefore, if you want to make a really high-quality drawing and enjoy the result, you just need to find a high-quality powder made from the appropriate raw materials and designed specifically for drawing on the body.
Where to buy Mehendi Golecha
Buy mehendi Golecha it is possible on the manufacturer’s official website, the price of henna for temporary tattoos is indicated taking into account a special discount, and you can also get manager's advice on any issue absolutely free.
At the moment, finding a quality product is not a problem. In the market, henna is found in the following forms:
- pure sifted powder in a sealed foil bag. Usually packaged in 50-100 grams. This henna is perfect for exploring the Indian body painting culture. In addition, in the state of the powder, it can be stored for the longest time and, at the same time, not lose its properties. Preparation of the composition from the powder takes longer, but in this case you can be sure that the quality of the tattoo will be much better and the process of preparation allows you to penetrate the culture of Mehendi. In some embodiments, henna powder is sold in a kit with everything you need (sponge, stencils, henna oil, spatula, cone). This is very convenient if you have no desire to search for the right materials.
- Ready henna paste natural - this is another version of this product. It is very popular in comparison with powder. This is due to the fact that such a product is completely ready for use in practice and you do not have to spend at least any of your time on cooking. This is especially convenient if you provide services for money. However, it should be borne in mind that the finished paste requires special storage conditions. In fridge. Since the composition dries in heat and loses its coloring properties, despite the fact that substances are added to the composition to maintain consistency (for example, glycerin). Roughly speaking, prints become dimmer or not appear at all. Such henna is usually sold in convenient cones or, as they are also called in the west, “carrots”. It is convenient to squeeze out the paste. Therefore, if your composition does not lie down and is always in business, then this option will be very convenient for you. In addition to "carrots" there is paste in tubes. In fact, the same thing is just in a different package. Although it is more common in cones.
- henna paste ready with dye (color) - for the sake of profit, manufacturers are forced to follow the whimsical fashion. Today, brown designs are not always ways to satisfy a customer’s desire to stand out. The client already wants colored tattoos. Therefore, some manufacturers began to add dyes of different colors to the paste. Such a move is justified if you want to make yourself a drawing for a short while. Typically, patterns made with such a paste last no more than 4 days, and often less. On some types of paste it is written directly that the picture can be washed off in three or four doses with plain water and soap. Needless to say about durability in this case. Despite the fact that colors cannot be achieved without the addition of dye, color henna manufacturers are positioned as safe and clinically tested. The truth seems to us rather suspicious that some tubes look exactly the same, only the names change. Hindus and Iranians as well as Chinese do not disdain copying from each other.
- black henna (henna with dye) is the most popular product at present, around which there is a lot of controversy. Some say that henna is dangerous and can lead to not very pleasant consequences in the form of chemical burns. Others argue that, subject to the rules, there is no danger. Your humble judge is neutral on this issue. Indeed, natural black henna does not exist in nature and the presence of dyes is practically a proven fact; on the other hand, dyes used to add to henna are used in cosmetics and hair dyes, which are used by most women.
Subject to the recommended rules and instructions for use, a preliminary test, the likelihood of harm to health is practically excluded (slight irritation may occur in the 1 case from 20-30). In the end, it all depends not only on the composition, but also on the person. Even 100% natural jagua gel can cause allergies if a person has a predisposition to allergy to fig fruits. The advantages of black henna are its stability, the brightness of the picture, the speed of preparation and the instantness of the result. That is why most temporary tattoos are done with black henna. It is extremely important to use cosmetic henna from well-known manufacturers. Such henna is produced under conditions with the control of the production process.
In no case do not buy the composition from random sellers or made in a handicraft way. Moreover, do not mix henna yourself. Very often, burns occur from tattoos made at seaside resorts by random "artists" who can prepare the powder in an imbalance, which may increase the risk of allergies. By the way, professionals from countries where the art of Mehendi traditionally (India, Egypt, Iran) do not recognize any other form than powder. Ready-made pastas are considered poor-quality and are not taken seriously by masters. Not to mention colored henna. However, this is their opinion and their culture, we are in another part of the world and the choice is only yours.
The henna used for mehndi or mehendi patterns has a quick-drying liquid consistency and is sold in special tubes with tips for convenient use. Mehndi technique is an ancient art of painting the body with henna. It is believed that it began five thousand years ago in India and the East. Henna patterns are also called bio-tattoos or temporary tattoos.
Mehendi can decorate any part of the body, but their ankles or feet, as well as the surface of the hands can be considered more frequent. Such a tattoo may have a ritual purpose, when special signs and symbols are applied to the body. Or it may be a pattern that serves as a happy talisman made for good luck.
In addition, the henna drawing can be part of the image for the holiday or for the bride. Before the wedding, the girl is applied patterns in which the name of the groom is encrypted, if he can unravel this inscription with his name, then he should be the head of the family. In the opposite case, the wife will prevail. For protection, Indian women carrying a baby make mehendi on their stomachs.
Henna made in the Indian state of Rajasthan is recognized as the highest quality. Our site provides the most popular types of products from this area of India. To make a drawing using henna will not be difficult, this does not require much experience. For self-applying mehndi patterns, our online store provides henna for tattooing in tubes or cones. You can purchase both one product and packaging.
In addition, we offer viewing albums with a variety of options for patterns and drawings, as well as stencils to simplify the application process. In addition, we provide a special oil that fixes the tattoo and allows it to stay as long as possible.
Golecha mehendi application process
The place for drawing should be washed well, then apply a thin layer of special oil, draw the desired pattern and let it dry well. At the same time, remembering that how long you keep the henna on the skin, the duration of storage and the brightness of the pattern will directly depend. To sustain Golecha henna, not washing off, but only moistening, it is recommended for three to eight hours. In this case, the figure will be able to hold out on the body unchanged for up to three weeks.
After sustaining the set time, henna is carefully removed, and once again a layer of butter for mehndi is applied to the pattern to fix it. The first few hours after the application and removal procedure, it is recommended to refrain from wetting the tattoo with water or alcohol-based products. Recall that during the day after application, the pattern will be faded, but the next day it will already be bright enough. In order for the mehndi pattern to please you for a long time, do not forget to wipe it from time to time with oil, especially before contact with water. Nikhar oil specially designed for mehendi is perfect for this.
Advantages of Golecha henna:
- the tube has a convenient tip that facilitates application and a cap;
- quick drying and easy removal;
- the pattern is clear and bright;
- using a thin tip, the lines are neat and thin;
- optimal consistency, not allowing the picture to lose its contours;
- the pattern holds for a long time.
How to care for temporary henna tattoos: try to avoid unnecessary contact with water and use as little detergent as possible.
What paint consists of Golecha for drawing: henna, clove oil, extract isolated from conifers, pine oil, as well as paraphenylenediamine (its amount is not more than two and a half percent of the total mass).
The henna product does not include: PDD, ammonia and other chemical components.
Warning! Before you start applying the pattern, you should conduct a test for a possible allergic reaction, otherwise you will need a remedy Allegard.
- Packaging may differ from that provided on the site. It depends on the release date and the batch.
- Expiration date: 1 year and 6 months.
- Weight of henna tube: 25 grams.
- Producer: Golecha, India.
Our team once became interested in a fashion trend: cryptocurrency trading. Now we manage to do it very easily, so we always get passive profit thanks to insider information about upcoming "cryptocurrency pumps" published in the Telegram channel. Therefore, we invite everyone to read the review of this crypto-currency community "Crypto pump signals for Binance".